It has been way too long since I’ve last blogged about anything.
I am going to start a new series of blogs focused on AWS certification, specifically AWS Solutions Architect Certification. With the rise of Cloud computing, plus my passion for virtualization and cloud, I feel that this is the perfect time for me to get my feet wet with this awesome technology and learn something new.
- Fully understand the cloud value proposition and how it will impact customers
- Fully understand the AWS offerings at a high level with some deeper knowledge on various topics
- Learn to code! This one has been on my list of “to dos” since 2016 and yet I’ve done absolutely nothing about it, time to change that
Since this is going to be focused on the AWS certification, I went ahead and compiled the resources that I will be using for passing the AWS exam.
- A Cloud Guru online training – Highly recommended. I started with them through Udemy, but quickly ended up signing up with their service for more cloud content
- AWS white papers, very informative and lots of interesting content for the exam
- AWS Free tier – Very important to experiment with different services (EC2, S3, RDS, Web Apps, IAM, CloudFront, Route53, etc)
- AWS certification blue prints
My exam (AWS Solutions Architect – Associate) has been scheduled for June 13, 2018. Hopefully this gives me enough time to prepare and pass. Next exams will likely be in the AWS space as well such as the SysOps, DevOps, and Professional exams.