Earlier today I came across an odd bug, for some reason when deploying vCenter (5.5 Update 2) server on a fresh Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 install, the SSO Installation wizard would not start the install, instead it would complain about a missing DLL.
I’ve tried a few things:
- Extracting the vCenter ISO using 7Zip
- Mounting the ISO using Clone Drive
- Burning the ISO to a DVD and running it from a CD drive
- Running as Administrator
- Rebooted the server
- Installed all the prerequisites manually before launching the installer
Then I decided to manually navigate to the SSO installer folder and launching the SSO installer, no luck! At this point I tried running the installer through the command prompt using the administrator account and voila! It launched!
Don’t know if it’s a bug or if I am missing something, but this is the first time I’ve experienced this issue.