What is a Replica Server? A replica server is another type of connection server that allows us to achieve High Availability and Load balancing. What this means, is that if you deploy a Standard Connection server in your environment and later decide that you’d like to achieve High Availability with your Connection Servers, one way of doing so would be to use a Replica Server. The replica server is installed using the same installer as the Standard and Security Sonnection servers.
Blog Series Articles:
- Introduction – Deploying Horizon 6 (with View) – What’s New?
- Part 1 – Deploying Horizon 6 (with View) – Connection Server
- Part 2 – Deploying Horizon 6 (with View) – Replica Server
- Part 3 – Deploying Horizon 6 (with View) – Composer Server
Virtual Machine Requirements
Operating System Requirements
- The process of deploying View Replica Server is very similar to that of View Connection Standard server.. The main difference is to chose View Replica Server during the installation options which we’ll cover here. Let’s begin by launching the view connection server installation by double clicking VMware-viewconnectionserver-x86_64….
- On the installation Wizard, click on Next > to begin the installation
- Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA)
- Keep the default installation path unless you want to install the connection server onto another drive and click Next >
- Now here, this is where we chose the View Replica Server
- Next, we’ll need to specify the Connection Server that we’ll use to replicate the data from
- Once the installation is complete, we can click on Finish and that should take care of the Replica Connection server installation